Chocolate Mud Cake Recipe
This is a delicious chocolate cake originating in Anglo-Saxon countries and today is known throughout the world. This is the perfect base for decorating cakes with creams, sugar paste icing, ganache, fruits or whatever your creativity suggests. You could also enrich it with stuffing cream. This is perfect for birthdays, children snacks and as a dessert after a dinner with friends.
Cuisine: British, American
Recipe type: Cake, Dessert
- 7 fl. oz. chocolate
- 9 fl. oz. butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs instant coffee
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup 00 flour
- ¼ fl. oz. baking powder
- 1 fl. oz. cocoa
- Baking paper and butter for the springform pan.
- Powdered sugar for decorating
- Melt the chocolate over a bain marie, stirring with a spatula for baking
- While the chocolate melts cut the butter into small pieces
- As soon as the chocolate is melted add the butter cut into small pieces and allow it to dissolve
- When the mixture is smooth add the vanilla extract and the instant coffee, mix well with a spatula and pour the mixture into a planetary mixer to let it cool
- While the mixture cools, break the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork
- As soon as the mixture is lukewarm add sugar and beaten eggs, use an electric mixer to blend the mixture
- Add milk and continue to mix with an electric mixer
- When the mixture is smooth put flour, cocoa and baking powder in a sieve and add them to the mixture with the aid of spoon to sift
- While mixing preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius / 320 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all the ingredients with the mixer being careful to avoid creating lumps
- Prepare a 9-inch springform pan spreading it with a pinch of butter and cover it with baking paper soaked with water.
- Pour the mixture and bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
Serving size: 8 Calories: 478 Fat: 33.5 gr Saturated fat: 20.9 gr Trans fat: 0.0 gr Carbohydrates: 39.9 gr Sugar: 25.1 gr Sodium: 229 mg Fiber: 1.5 gr Protein: 6.1 gr Cholesterol: 135 mg